Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Welcome to our new blog site, set up primarily to communicate with our own family. We love sharing the little joys of life together, and we are excited to blaze this new trail!

Our household is even smaller than normal this week with John, Esther and Joseph in Westfield, WI, for CYIA training. We are praying their clubs go well this week, and hoping the weather stays nice for them.

Mom and Dad had a fun night with Daniel and Timo's baseball. We were glad Timo could play since Mom and he are recovering from being sick the past couple days. Luke, Matt, Bernard and Kyle trekked all the way out here for the exciting games, and afterward they all came back for ice cream at the house.

I missed out on the fun since tonight was Rachel Lee's wedding shower. We did have our own fun, though. It was a spa shower, so the bridesmaids (including myself) gave everyone foot scrubs and pedicures. Rayah gave the devotional about being a servant, and her example was Jesus washing the disiple's feet after the Last Supper. It was a wonderful way to end the day, especially because the air grew refreshingly cool and I got to cruise home with the windows down and music blaring!

I worked all day with Dad. In the blistering heat of the afternoon (I think it got up to around 95 degrees) I traveled to downtown St. Paul in our non-air-conditioned little Satrun to get Danny's baseball cap which he left at the Hjelle's house on the weekend, successfully met Jessica in her office building, and then found my way out of St. Paul without getting lost or having to call Dad for directions. I came away believing that St. Paul is WAY easier to maneuver than Minneapolis. I may be wrong, but compared to the billions of times I've lost myself in Minneapolis, that is my present belief.

And just for the record, the Molitor family has not yet lost our night-owl character, the little boys just got put to bed approximately an hour ago, Dad recently finished dishes and I am still awake, trying to figure out all the ways we can use our shining new blog. Believe it or not, despite our dwindling members, these are still happening days at the Molitor family household.

2 comments:

Adam and Ruth said...

Yay! I love the blog! It's fun to read about what you guys are doing. The shower sounded like it was great. Johnny was crying, so I brought him over here to show him your blog photos. I'm sure they will cheer him up!
Love, Ruth

David said...

Sounds fun! Yeah, this is great to hear what's going on!

David