Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I had a very enjoyable Mother's Day.  After I took a 3-hour (!!), much-needed nap in the afternoon, we had a nice supper together that Esther prepared.  Then we went on a walk at the nature center and returned to watch a video together.  It was a man who spoke on Psalm 91:1, dwelling in the secret place of the most high.  It was mainly a story of his mother, who had contracted polio, and how God powerfully used her life, and how it had affected him.  Very good!

Before we left on our walk, Dad wanted to go and get a picture of the azalea bush that our neighbors have.  Every year we are in awe of its beauty, so it is good to get it on record for ourselves.  When Dad knocked on the door to get permission, the owner came out to take a picture of us all by the "bush". I met and talked to his wife a few times after we moved in, and they have lived in their house since about Dad's last couple of years of high school!  They put in the azalea bush about 20 years ago, he said.  But it was very small then. The flowers up close are each one amazingly beautiful and aromatic.








As you can see, they were reluctantly obeying
my request that they all act like a frog themselves.
 The giant frog made out of all sorts of interesting "junk"still sits at the Nature Center.  So I also felt we must get a picture of it for posterity before it is ever hauled away!  



I did not realize that there was a reflective sign on the frog till these pictures were taken.  Nice effect, though, I think!


 Next, a walk down to the peaceful little pond...



 Well, it WAS  peaceful until a certain someone leaped over the rail into it!!

2 comments:

Kelsea said...

So glad you have a picture of the azalea now! It's incredibly beautiful. Happy Mother's Day!

becca said...

Good thing you took a picture of that Frog before it disintegrates. And it's funny how John looks like the only one unashamed of imitating him. ;) Love you all!