Friday, August 3, 2012

First of More Upcoming Fun July Memories!

Yesterday when I was outside with Timothy, he said," We may not have the most attractive yard in the neighborhood, but we definitely have the prettiest garden."


When I sort of laughed, he said, "No, really Mom, it is so colorful."




Then I told him that it was a high compliment coming from a gardener like him!  Timothy likes taking good care of the yard, and watches over his 3 (quite large now) tomato plants.  Also, Mrs. Linde has hired him to take care of all the potted plants in her yard while they are gone for 2 weeks. (And their cat.)  So every day Timothy heads out to check and water them, which is a pretty big job.  I went with him the first day.




P.S.  I had promised to put pictures of the
garden on as the summer progressed.
I know you love gardens, Ruth, so I hope
you enjoy the pictures.




The plants in June.  They don't get much sun, so they are
doing  fairly well considering. (See below.)

Here is Timothy in June pointing to
the first small green tomato on his plants.























Here is a picture taken today, Aug. 3rd.  That first little
tomato above turned ripe and was eaten.  There are
a lot of tomatoes on these. Hope there is time for
 them to all ripen.  It would be 
nice to see 
 what these plants would look like
if they got a lot of sun!

No comments: