Saturday, November 23, 2013

My Special Trip to the Huntleys!

For one very special week in November, I had the great blessing of being with the Huntley family!  The first couple of days, while Adam was away at a missions conference, Ruth and I got a few things ready for their new baby girl due in December!
Here we are doing a Baby Registry at Babies R Us.  This
was the first registry either of us had ever done at a store.
 The next day while Ruth completed her registry at 
Target, I stayed home with the boys.  I was so tired that
day that I (sort of) let them play without interrupting them.
They spent a long time making "forts" on both couches with
all the cushions.  As you can see by their rosy cheeks,
they were really getting into it!

The day we picked Adam up at the airport, we were able to bring the boys to their awesome day care.  Then after the airport, we elders got a nice time out for coffee!
This woman at the day care was a woman I
prayed for through my sister Stella.  Her Father-in-law was
a wonderful man of God who was a pastor where Dean and Stella met.
He married Stella and Dean.  This woman and her husband always
called MN their home, and their son died after being electrocuted while
sailing here on one of their furloughs.  Otherwise they were a missionary
family abroad.  I recognized her name when Ruth mentioned it, so I looked her up this day.
She was very glad to meet me!


That night, we enjoyed great pizza
at "Sam's Pizza".  I think Sam thought
that was pretty cool!

After the boys were already in bed on Oct. 31st, there was a knock on
the door.  We opened it to find a group of the little children of the near
neighborhood trick-or-treating with their parents.  But they did it
differently. They brought the candy to us!  So of course  we got
John and Sam out of bed to see all of their friends!




One of the places Adam and Ruth love to take their family and friends is to Joe Pool Lake. (I hope I spelled that correctly!) It is always nice there, but particularly quiet at this time of year.  We cooked out for supper and took some nice pictures!

Flowers that Sam picked and brought to me.



I think that John and Sam have had so many pictures
taken of them that they are very practiced at NOT wanting
to pose.  I don't blame them at all! Why should we always
be ruining the fun with pictures!

The Happy Huntleys waiting for the birth of Little Girl pretty soon!
 One of the best parts of the week was the game I played with the boys almost every night.  It was a treasure hunt.  When they weren't watching me, I hid the clues.  Then I sat on the couch as they looked for each clue racing back to me to read the next one.  They were always so excited about it! The final clue led them to the Monster Bag with a treat for them!


Here they are in the middle of one of our treasure hunts!
This is the bag they were looking for in the end.
This is one of the nights after the hunt eating their treat.

Their favorite was the candy necklaces I put in for the treat on the first
and last night.  I laughed so much trying to get a ;icture of us as they
were devouring their treat before bed.


It was a great week, and of course, it went way too fast!

No comments: