Happy Birthday Ruth,...and Rebecca,...and Joseph! Three birthdays in the next 6 days! And of course, John, only last week. So........................I made 2 of Grandma Wasche's rhubarb pies! It has been years since I made this family favorite recipe. While I was cutting up the rhubarb, I was remembering our phone conversation in Lauderdale when she gave me the recipe. I also got to tell Timothy how rhubarb was a pretty big part of life to me when I was little. We always had a good batch of it at home and also down at Dad's shop. We would go out and pick it whenever Mom wanted some, and also whenever we wanted some! We would each get a stalk of it and a bowl of sugar and sit on the back stairs dipping the stick of rhubarb in sugar and munching away till it (and most of the sugar!) was gone. A very common child-hood memory that I had not thought of for a long time!
Tonight Amy and Edie are planning to come over to have supper, and we will all have pie and sing Happy Birthday in your honor! HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUTH, REBECCA, JOHN, AND JOSEPH! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment