Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Ben and Esther's Engagement Party

Paul and I had the privilege of traveling to Florida to share in a very special Engagement Party hosted by Ben's family.  It would be very hard to explain in words how wonderful it was.  Everyone poured their hearts into making it so very special.  Lots and lots of work making and serving lots and lots of very special and delicious food.  Ben and Esther had put together a beautiful video for all to watch.  Of course, I cried (silently). The program was very meaningful also with both fathers praying, two pastors giving a short message, and a few close friends sharing memories. 

Here are just a few photos to hopefully give you  a small "taste" of the event:


 Getting set up the night before.




















More work and set up on Saturday.

Ben has a friend who does amazing work with fruit!






Ben's Dad and Sister-in-law Natasha peeling potatoes!

A very kind and diligent kitchen worker


Me just trying to help out a bit!

Dad took some time on the potato peeling too!



All so very beautiful! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, even from your little glimpse that looks like a big party! I'm glad you guys were able to be there for it. ~Ruth

becca said...

Wow! It's so nice to see some pictures from the party. Those watermelons with B&E's names are soooo beautiful! What a talent! I agree with Ruthie about you guys being there for it.

Julie said...

That food looks so good! I wish they could teach us how to make it! :-)
-Julie