Thursday, February 26, 2015

Esther's Wedding Shower at Straitgate Church

Last Saturday afternoon Esther was given a beautiful wedding shower at Straitgate church. I expected it to be very nice, because they always are.  But both Esther and I agreed afterward, that it was really wonderful.  
Bonnie, our gracious hostess and decorator!
She chose the theme "Grow and Bloom" since Esther and Ben will be married in the spring.

 I was able to incorporate the classical music I have prepared for the wedding reception as the background for the shower too!  And in this corner, Bonnie had spring birds singing!

The faithful kitchen crew always there early! Luisa and Elizabeth Watson, and Aaliyah Delaney.

Quote on this picture from Luther.  I love all of Bonnie's touches!


As usual, there were many, many details  included in the decorating that made it so special.  Bonnie included Esther's love of music!


And of course, seeds!

Esther and Janet Medford

Annie and Julie put 2 great games together for us. 

Here is the seed game. Very challenging, actually!

Carla Shir, Esther and me.  Carla gave a wonderful devotional on reaping and sowing.

Annie, Julie, and Debbie Holmquist
The only boy there that I saw was Jeremiah Watson.  He would not deign to come in, but he faithfully attended the door!


Rachel, Amy, and Laura Blesi

Betsy and Sarah Medford



 It was so very special to have Rhonda and Jenny Gilmer come.  Dear friends over all these years!
Sarah, Laurelyn, Betsy, and Laura

Kathy Wagner and Alicia Carmen

Esther and Jenny Gilmer

Brenda Simms, Cara Oelke, and Janet Medford

Jem, Jana, and Josie Lidberg played beautifully!


A very major highlight for Esther (and others) was the surprise video of both Ruth from Africa and Rebecca from Boston giving a special message to their little sister! It really touched Esther's heart and brought tears to her eyes.



We simply had dessert, punch, and coffee.  Delicious and perfect!

Elizabeth starting a bouquet of ribbons for Esther's use at the wedding rehearsal!
The gift opening...

How do you like their new "Chopin Liszt"?

A new hand-made apron from Hannah!

Gwen with the Holmquist ladies

Rebecca LaBarre came all the way in for the shower!

Esther, Elizabeth, and the finished bouquet.  Beautiful!
 We sorely missed the Magnuson girls, Tabitha, Angela and Amy, and others who couldn't make it.  But otherwise, the day really shined.  We truly have a church where the women, young and old, give with all their hearts to serve the LORD!  Esther will never doubt that she is greatly loved here! (And me too!)

2 comments:

Eleanor said...

Beautiful! I'm so sorry I couldn't make it! I was there in spirit, for sure. <3

John said...

I totally just "uhhlll"ed quietly in my office at the "Chopin Liszt"!