Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Saying "Goodbye" to John

After a wonderful and relaxed midnight talk at Perkins with John, Dad and me on Sunday night; packing and shopping for last minute needs on Monday; and a good cry on John's shoulder; the family gathered Monday evening before taking him to the megabus bound for Chicago, to commit John to the Lord in prayer and to sing together. For John we sang "God Be with You Till We Meet Again" and "The Lord Bless You and Keep You". Then John wanted to sing "Mansion Over the Hilltop", which amazingly fit in beautifully in saying goodbye. The 3rd verse begins: "Don't think me poor or deserted or lonely; I'm not discouraged, I'm heaven-bound."


Right now while I write, John should be leaving Miami,
FL, flying to Lima, Peru, and arriving in Santiago, Chile, at around 10 a.m. Wednesday. Just think! He will be with only Spanish speaking people and taking all his courses in Spanish! That is a very daunting thought to me! Please keep him in your prayers.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: