Sunday, August 23, 2009

Visiting Perham

When David and Kelsea were here with us last week, we did some memorable things. We went to Perham to visit Joan, and stopped first to show Kelsea the home I grew up in my whole life. It is definitely run down without dad being there to keep it so nice, yet it was good to see the big yard I used to mow, and all the beautiful green grass I used to lie down and sleep in. David and Kelsea imagine adventure as they look at the faded painting of my dad's on the garage door.


David took an action shot of us in the rock garden in the back yard. The house is owned and rented out by my nephew Chris Fudge, so I figured it was still fine for me to be there. It sure felt fine! But if the renters were home, they might have thought we were a little weird. I didn't care too much. I feel like it still belongs to me at least a little.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

John said...

I miss Perham... but probably Perham as it used to be when I was little, more than as it is now. Either way, it's good to read the blog, and to see the pictures. I especially like the action shots.

Adam and Ruth said...

Me too, John! I miss Grandpa and Grandma. :(
I enjoyed the photos, though. On that one, all the girls look so excited and active...except Mary, serene as ever.