Thursday, December 6, 2012

November Notes(And a couple of September!)

Before Christmas is TOTALLY upon us, here are a few photos we don't want to miss!
Sarah and Rebecca Sept. 28th, 2012

And a couple more wedding day pictures.

3 of the prettiest girls there!



Make a guillotine.
Now a few pictures to show what boys think of doing at the end of the day when there is still too much energy to go to bed, but there's nothing to do!

Can you see the poor
wooden fellow ready to
get his head cut off?

Then one night as everyone was heading to bed,
Joseph got out the deep fryer and started making
DOUGHNUTS!


The Medford family had their van at the back door of the church on a Sunday night after service full of pumpkins to give away.  Well, I took one, and then Dad said, "Get another!"  So the next day I decided to do something I have never done before:  Cook those 2 big pumpkins! After looking it up on line and trying both the stove and crockpot, I discovered that steaming them was the easiest and fastest.


I cut them open, scraped out all the seeds, and cut them into workable  pieces.

I was thankful for this special pan!

Then I got as much water out of it as I could and packaged
it in ziplock bags, 2 cups per bag.

I made pumpkin muffins Monday...
Pumpkin pancakes Tuesday...and fresh pumpkin pie
for Thanksgiving (no picture).  The pie was really great!


For a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving, there was a good sized flock of white trumpeter swans on Birch Lake.  So one evening when Dad and I were going to take a walk at the nature center, we hurried back home so I could get my camera.  These aren't the greatest pictures since I couldn't zoom any closer, but at least it gives you the idea.  


It's interesting how they swim among the ducks.
(Or maybe it's the other way around!)





No comments: