On our way to little Ben's benefit breakfast (pictures to be posted later, I hope!), we came upon an exceedingly strange sight: A big fat healthy loon sitting right in the middle of the road. We stopped and I got out to try and shoo it off the road, as there was quite a bit of traffic. But if you know how a loon is built, it can't even waddle like a duck. Its legs are set way far back, so it is very clumsy on land. I would not get close to it. It was BIG and doing its beautiful loon call the whole time! And its very sharp beak kept me safely away! Thankfully, the somewhat stubborn loon thrust its way off the road just before cars came from both directions. We could not figure out in the least why a loon would be there, with no lake near. I'm glad I had my camera with!

1 comment:
Wow, mysterious!
Post a Comment