| A beautiful setting right inside their front door |
Kelsea and David had been working hard before we arrived to have everything all prepared for Thanksgiving Day.
| All the siblings that were present |
| Kelsea working hard |
| Master carver of the turkey and ham! |
| How do you like Dad's new pants bought just in time for the occasion? |
As you can see, the food looked beautiful. And it even tasted better than it looked. It was fantastic!
| Our gracious host and hostess! |
We enjoyed the wonderful meal, and after clean-up, we went for a very nice walk together out in the dark. On returning, we enjoyed some excellent desserts that Kelsea had prepared. I wish I had taken a picture of the beautiful pecan pie she made! We all listened to a recording done some years back of Guy Doud, Molder of Dreams. It was very meaningful.
On Saturday morning to go with our brunch, Esther made some delicious cinnamon rolls.
| Before breakfast |
| After Breakfast! The picture speaks for itself! |
| Pool was much enjoyed over the weekend. Here are 2 teams of 2 in hot competition! Can you tell? |
| The pool shark himself... |
| ...and his determined partner! |
| This guy is cool...He is not worried a bit! |
| Dad's partner...No wonder Dad had no worries! |
| David did instruction along the way too. |
| Look at this action shot!! Later that evening another game in progress... |
This time they were listening to Christmas carols. Joseph doesn't know that I got a shot of him impersonating Elvis singing I'll Have a Blue Christmas Without You, using the pool stick as his microphone.
| The whole family present. |
We had a truly wonderful time! It isn't often that you get to be together with family for several days in a row where no one has to go to work or anywhere else. We thank the Lord for this great blessing!
| All the kids, plus Jie! |
3 comments:
Loved the post and photos! D&K did an amazing job of making the house and meal beautiful for Thanksgiving. Kelsea is looking wonderful as she progresses- yay! I like Dad's pants: I think you should try pairing them with a somewhat-modernish plaid pattern that incorporates the same hue of red/orange with other colors. :) I'm glad you guys had such a special time together! ~Ruth
Joyce, I hope you do not mind that Kelsea sent me the blog. I so enjoyed your photos and comments. It is such a blessing to see Kels with that little baby belly! Praise the Lord that you all had such a wonderful and safe time. See you soon!
Terri
Thanks for documenting this wonderful visit so well, my love!
Paul
Post a Comment