December has been a month filled with emotion, both deep sorrow and great joy. Our dear pastor, Roger Magnuson, went home to be with the Lord on the evening of Nov. 30, after a hard-fought battle with melanoma. Of all the Biblical input and instruction our family has had over all the years, he definitely had the greatest impact on all of us collectively. Words cannot even tell how much! Things aren't going to be the same without him, and we will so greatly miss him. Yet we praise the LORD that He gifted our lives with Pastor! And it won't be long before we are all praising the LORD together in glory!!
| Betsy and Roger Magnuson at Joseph's Graduation Open House in August 2013 |
| Daniel and Timothy earned the money for the tree by selling, their homemade sled ornaments, which has become a tradition! |
Early in December, we decorated the house as usual. But the unusual thing was that only three of us were here!
| I think we three looked at almost every single tree, which wasn't easy, and most didn't look too good. |
| But the one we found we did like! I didn't take a picture of it finished this day, but you'll see it in the following Christmas pictures. |
| So nice to have Christmas lights again! Definitely one of the highlights of the season! |
| Daniel W. brought some "party poppers". |
Then on December 21st was the long-anticipated and wonderful baby shower for Kelsea and baby boy Molitor! With the joint effort of Kelsea's parents, Bob and Terri, and several close and caring friends, it was a great success, with 37 attending! I forgot to take pictures until almost everyone was gone, but I'll share what I did get.
| These two dear friends, Jana and Jolie, totally managed the kitchen and serving so well that I hardly gave it a thought during the entire shower! What a blessing! |
| A "comparison of the bellies" shot! |
| Grandmothers feeling the little grandson kick! |
| Terri made this awesome cake from baby diapers! It is easily disassembled, and the diapers saved for baby! |
I realized that David and Kelsea were more excited than I knew when they actually wanted to take out the new Pack 'N Play from its box and set it up just to see what it looked like!!
| Kelsea and David with Grandpa and Grandma Colgrove! |
Kelsea's dad has a special love for "sock monkeys". He gave the baby a little cuddly blanky made with one.
| I set out dishes that had been given as gifts by their Great Aunt to my children when they were babies. That night when everything had died down, David and Kelsea ran some "bath water" to try out the new rubber ducky that lets you know if the water is too hot. Look at the bottom of the duck! |
| Not too happy yet...the beautiful flower on her head was made for her by Aunt Kelsea! |
Another highlight was that Dan, Rebecca and Charlotte Williams came home before the shower also to stay with us through Christmas!! This was Charlotte's first Christmas, her being almost 10 months old!
| Then Grandpa came along! |
| Charlotte loved her baths in the deep old-fashioned sink. |
| And of course...Catan!! This was the first game, but David got in on a later one another day. I keep clear of it!! |
| Dan and Rebecca in fierce competition (with the others, I mean). I think they were actually together on the same team! |
No comments:
Post a Comment