Sunday, August 14, 2016

A Very Fun Escapade!

Actually, I have passed by the Fillebrown House probably 100 times on my walks by the lake, and never have I felt any curiosity to go inside.  It has always looked dark and depressing to me.  But I saw a sign this week saying they were giving a few tours on Saturday afternoon, so yesterday, Timothy and I made a quick decision to run over and take a tour!

Since we had a bit to wait for the tour to start, we took a very fun and
bumpy ride around the lake area on an authentic fire wagon!

Then we had a tour of this house with a group of just 6 other people. It was SO amazing to me! Not dark and depressing at all!  A place I could actually see living in and enjoying it!  It had most of the original furniture and much interesting history.  














The highlight for me was when Timothy (totally coerced by a few of the women!) performed for the group  on the 1842 concert grand Steinway which was in the extended entry way of the house! The video I took was too large for the blog, so if you want to hear it, just let me know!

No comments: