Saturday, September 12, 2009

Thankful

John 15:18 "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you."

Hi everyone! Now that we don't have a digital camera, I guess just words will have to do! We had a very good first week of school. Our schedule allowed us all supper together just about every night, decent bedtimes, and early risings. Everyone's rooms were in excellent order every morning (which is a great encouragement all day for me!), and we even got all the wash done, groceries bought Friday for the new week, and the weekend jobs done today so the house is in order for the new week! Thank you all for praying for all these important details for homeschooling to go well!

We all watched a Planet Earth video on "Mountains" together last night that we had heard about from Ruth and Adam. We enjoyed that and hope to watch more of those together. This morning Dad made a great breakfast of special whole wheat pancakes which had bananas, raisins (which he had boiled to make extra plump!) and cinnamon in them, besides wheat germ, wheat bran, ground flax meal, and walnuts. As healthy as they sound, everyone loved them! He also made delicious scrambled eggs. They were not just your run-of-the-mill scrambled eggs either, but I won't go into all that he put into them. Suffice it to say, they were also delicious and appreciated by all the eaters. I am thankful for a husband that serves our family so faithfully and willingly!

We had a chance to sing together and focus on the Word of God right before breakfast, which is a precious gift. Then later today, I went with Timothy to Barnes and Noble to find a book. I don't go to the mall much (only when I have to), and I was quite struck at the contrast of the world with all the very ungodly books on every shelf, even in the children's area. I don't think I saw one wholesome book as I walked through (I wasn't browsing!). What struck me was the blessed life God has given me in Him. The Lord, My husband, My children and their spouses, My church and Christian friends, My home and neighborhood, and the Wonderful and Powerful Word of God to share with a very lost and corrupt generation. How wonderful it is that...in Him we live and move and have our being!

Dad and I finished studying our last chapter of Holiness by J.C. Ryle tonight for the Bible study at church tomorrow night. This is the 21st chapter, and I remember preparing the 1st chapter when I traveled with Kelsea over to visit David at MIT at the beginning of January 2008! It has been such an excellent book to read. I know several of you have already read it. If not, it would be worth considering for the future.

Well, to not ramble on any more, I'll say good night. I love each one of you so very much and always wish I could visit with you in person. I am thankful for skype and our blogs, and I enjoy reading your entries a lot!

Love,
Mom

No comments: