When you hear the wild geese calling And up in the sky you see
That they all are flying southward
In a long and straggling V,
When the woolly caterpillars
Crawl along the porch and wall,
And your kitty's fur gets thicker;
Then you know that it is fall.
...For of all our changing seasons,
None is lovelier than fall.
Happy Fall!! I thought some of you would remember this nice poem because several of you memorized it. I only put in the first stanza. Timothy has now started to memorize it. It is such a picturesque poem of fall. And truly, as good as all the seasons are, I think the fall is at the top (or at least shares the top--spring, summer, and winter all have their particular beauties!)
2 comments:
Amen! and I don't remember all of the poem, but I know it's written by Ada L. Wine. :(|)
Funny, John! You memorized it well!
Post a Comment