Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Beautiful Reminders of God

This photo may seem too pretty to be seen too often, but Dad and I have been enjoying scenes like this all this fall. Our walks at the nature center and other places this fall have been as beautiful and even more! Wow! The fall is SO beautiful! The sunsets, the blue of the sky, the dark blue of the lakes, and even the blending of the browns and greys as the colors start to fade. Yesterday we walked at Langdon Park over by the Curries while the boys had their piano workshop. On a path completely covered with golden leaves , suddenly Dad said,"Oh!" Stopping, he picked up a set of keys that somehow he happened to see amongst all the leaves (I didn't see them). We then prayed that we would find out who lost them (which we knew was very unlikely), or we would get them to the police. We asked the first runner we saw, but they weren't his. After awhile of walking, we came out of the woods and saw a young man walking slowly on the path looking down at the ground back and forth. This seemed likely! Dad called,"Did you lose some keys?" He looked very relieved and said "Yes!" I said, "We prayed that we would find the person who lost them." And he said, "My wife and I just prayed too!" Apparently, his wife had dropped them while they were running, but they thought it was over by the road, so I don't know if he would have ever gone down the path into the woods. Also, even if he had, it's unlikely he would have seen them in all the golden leaves. We thanked God for answering their prayer!



I have been studying Chemistry with both Joseph and Esther this semester. Joseph is taking Honors Chemistry at the High School, and Esther is taking Intro to General and Organic Chemistry at Bethel. Even as we barely scratch the surface of Chemistry, it is so profoundly awesome to me, and I am reminded of the awesomeness of God, who is beyond and above the entire Universe, as He created it all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

John said...

I miss the fall! I mean, I´m really enjoying the summer weather we´re starting to get here, but there´s just something to a MN fall that can´t be replaced. Oh well, I plan to be in the Midwest for the next one, so I´ll just have to enjoy it doubly.

Molitor Family said...

Wow! That is an awesome answer to prayer! And I too share John's sentiment. Even though we're finally getting some color in Chambery, there's just nothing like a MN fall. Miss you guys a ton!

Becca (I just remembered I'm signed in on family)