Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A FUN WEEKEND


Paul, Timothy and I went to the Harvest Party at the Medford's this past Saturday. Hayride, candy search, dessert contest, and delicious chili were a few of the highlights. The Lord gave us a beautiful blue day. Timothy won a jar of corn candy for guessing the closest how many were in the jar without going over. Joseph and Daniel spent the weekend at the Shirs doing MANY fun things. Of course they sent them home with some natural treats--cream and fresh apple cider, which the boys had worked hard to make. (They pressed 30 gallons of cider! No motors. All with just muscle strength.) Both Joseph and Daniel had sore muscles afterward!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

John said...

mmmm! That corn candy makes my mouth water.

Kelsea said...

nice picture! it looks like a bayfield county fair winner. :)
love you all, and miss you!

Joyce said...

Sadly, I cannot take credit for it. We do not have a digital camera at our house at present, so I got this photo on-line.
Mom

Adam and Ruth said...

Nothing like good ol' colored sugar formed in corn pieces to power those cider-churnin' biceps! Good post.

-Adam

Rebecca said...

It makes me miss corn candy. Great post! I'm glad the boys could do some hardy farmwork!