Swallowing a Goldfish
on "Orange You Glad You Came to Church" Sunday
by
Daniel J. Molitor
It started out as a regular Sunday. I woke up at about 8:30a.m., got dressed, and grabbed an apple to eat on the way to church. Getting to church, I met up with my best friend, Daniel Wagner. Just then Stephen Shir approached me and asked, "Would you like to earn a dollar?" I said, "Yes! I would!" He then told me that to earn it, I would have to swallow a goldfish.
This sounded very foreboding, and I would have to do it in front of the downstairs large Sunday School class. I had not yet made up my mind when, entering the class room, I heard Luke announce to the children, "The fearless Daniel Molitor is going to swallow a goldfish for you today!" What else could I do? I walked up to the stage, and Luke presented me with a squirming goldfish, about 1.5 inches long. I held it up for all to see that this was for real. It obviously delighted the crowd.
To make the morsel a little tastier, a helper brought a salt shaker and some orange koolade to swallow it down. I declined the salt and took the juice. Just when I felt that I should get myself out of this predicament, all the bus kids started shouting, "Eat it! Eat it! Eat it!" So I mustered my courage and swallowed the goldfish! It went down quite easily, and after flopping once in my throat and once in my stomach, it did not give me any further problems. Over all, it was fun. And plus, I earned the dollar!
Sadly, the video that we got of this is TOO BIG to put onto the Blog
2 comments:
What a daring young man! Congratulations, Daniel! Also, if you guys want, it's easy on Picasa to cut off the beginning or end of a video, to make it a suitable size for the blog. Just a thought if you have time.
Wow! Very good rendering of the story (although I wasn't there it was written well) I can almost hear the deafening screams of the sunday school kids shouting..."eat it! eat it!" What a Molitor will do for a dollar!
I (Adam) gave a public reading in front of the gals this evening and all were pleased. Good post.
love,
-Adam (and for Ruth, Rebecca, and John)
Post a Comment