Monday, September 7, 2009

First Day of School

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 1 Peter 5:7

Thank you all for your prayers! The first day of school here went very well. I still have about 5 of their subjects left to plan, but we did those too, and I saw that the boys did very well when I checked their work. So that was very encouraging. Joseph starts his classes at the high schools tomorrow (Tues.), and Esther has her first UofM classes Wed. She is planning to finish Biology at home this semester. Joseph has quite a few still at home too. I just wanted to thank you all for praying. Have you heard the saying , "A job well begun is half done."? I definitely agree that a good start gives a lot of hope for the whole job. BUT it doesn't necessarily mean half done. Not with home-schooling anyway. And I like the verse from Ecclesiastes that says, " the end of a thing is better than the beginning thereof." I think it means that finishing up strong is better than a strong beginning. And I really think that is true with the hard ventures of our lives.
Well, I better go now and help Esther decide on her piano concerto for her senior recital. Hard decision! Between Grieg and Schumann.

3 comments:

Adam and Ruth said...

Hey guys,

I'm glad everything is starting off well! You guys are busy as usual. THanks for the update. And I (Adam) put my vote in for Schumann....wait no...Grieg...no Schumann...ahhh forget it....you decide.

love,
-Adam (and for Ruth)

John said...

she should do both! hehe

Adam and Ruth said...

I heard Esther chose Grieg - and we were just listening to that amazing concerto today! Good choice, Esty!

Mom, the verse from Ecclesiastes is good. A friend of ours from Dallas passed away recently, which reminded me (a thought I often think of anyways, but was even more impressed with) that indeed the end of life really IS more important than the beginning. It's when we stand before God and must give an account for what we did with our time here. Sobering, but encouraging.

Love you guys lots! Glad you are off to a running start with school, and we'll keep praying for everything to be started and for you all to be able to stay on track.

Love,
Ruth